The Central Gulf Coast Chapter aims to:
- Bring together diverse coastal professionals with expertise across a broad spectrum including, but not limited to: coastal scientists, geologists, ecologists, oceanographers, engineers, restoration specialists, public works directors, resource managers, planners, regulatory professionals, elected officials, as well as insurance and real estate professionals.
- Advocate and provide support for funding and projects that support the mission of preserving, protecting, and/or enhancing our coasts and coastal environments. This goes well beyond “beaches, dunes, and marshes” by considering the integrated nature of our coastal systems at the nexus of development, recreation, commerce, tourism, and the environment.
- Provide professional development, continuing education, and networking opportunities for a wide range of coastal professionals with diverse expertise.
- Communicate matters of local, state, and regional importance to ASBPA so that they can be an effective advocate at the national/federal level (bottom up).
- Disseminate relevant national/federal issues affecting our shores and beaches to our regional stakeholders (top down).