Derek Brockbank, Annie Mercer, Peter Ravella, Tyler Buckingham, Shannon Cunniff, Ken Willson, Gregory Rudolph, Kate Gooderham, Brian Brennan, and Marc Beyeler, 2020. “Local funding for coastal projects: An overview of practices, policies, and considerations”, Shore & Beach 88(2), 53-60.
Access Shore & Beach Vol. 88, No. 2
ASBPA members have access to a full digital edition of Shore & Beach. Become a member now to get immediate access.
Local funding for coastal projects: An overview of practices, policies, and considerations
Derek Brockbank (1), Annie Mercer (1), Peter Ravella (2), Tyler Buckingham (2), Shannon Cunniff (1),
Ken Willson (3) Gregory Rudolph (4), Kate Gooderham (1), Brian Brennan (5), and Marc Beyeler (5)
1) American Shore & Beach Preservation Association, 5460 Beaujolais Lane, Fort Myers, FL 33919
2) Coastal News Today, 4107 Wildwood Road, Austin, TX 78722
3) Coastal Protection Engineering, 4038 Masonboro Loop Road, Wilmington, NC 28409
4) Carteret County Shore Protection Office, P.O. Box 4297, Emerald Isle NC, 28594
5) BEACON, 800 South Victoria Ave. #1900, Ventura, CA 93009
The goal of this paper is to help coastal managers and elected officials think about how to fund beach renourishment and coastal restoration projects. The paper briefly reviews the evolution of funding policies, introduces funding considerations based on project characteristics, and outlines funding tools or mechanisms to consider.